Focused On Improving Your Vision And Quality of Life
Laser Eye Surgeon Huntsville
Tracy Schroeder Swartz, OD, MS, FAAO, currently consultative optometry, specializing in anterior segment disease. Originally from Wisconsin, Dr. Schroeder Swartz attended Indiana University for her undergraduate education. During optometry school, she served as an assistant instructor for the biology department and became interested in pediatrics and strabismus.
After completing her doctorate, Dr. Schroeder Swartz pursued a master’s degree in physiological optics, specializing in pediatrics. She served as faculty at the Indiana University School of Optometry for 4 years, and earned the Indiana Chapter of the American Academy of Optometry Gordon Heath Fellowship in 1996.
After completion of her master’s degree, Dr. Schroeder Swartz relocated to Washington, DC, where she specialized in refractive and corneal surgery, and earned her Fellowship in the American Academy of Optometry. She later joined Wang Vision Institute in Nashville, where she served as Director of Clinical Operations, Residency Director for the Optometric Residency Program, and adjunct faculty to Indiana University School of Optometry. While there, she edited 2 textbooks with Ming Wang, MD, PhD: Corneal Topography in the Wavefront Era (SLACK Incorporated, 2006) and Irregular Astigmatism: Diagnosis and Treatment (SLACK Incorporated, 2007), as well as authoring numerous book chapters on refractive surgery, topography, aberrometry, and anterior segment disease. She served as coeditor for the literature review column for Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today from 2003 to 2008, as well as serving on the editorial board for Optometry Times.
She left Nashville for Huntsville, Alabama where she became the Center Director for VisionAmerica. She edited two additional textbooks—Keratoconus and Keratoectasia: Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment (SLACK Incorporated, 2009) and The Corneal Handbook (SLACK Incorporated, 2010)—followed by Topography in the Wavefront Era, Second Edition (SLACK Incorporated, 2011). This was later followed by Refractive Lens Exchange: A Surgical Treatment for Presbyopia. (SLACK Incorporated, 2015).
She is a board member of the Optometric Cataract, Cornea and Refractive Society, and serves as the Education Chair for the organization. She currently blogs writes regularly for Optometry Times, lectures nationally, and consults for ophthalmic industry.
- Master of Science, Physiological Optics with emphasis on Pediatrics, 1998. Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Doctor of Optometry, 1994. Indiana University School of Optometry, Bloomington, IN
- Bachelor of Science, Optometry, 1992. Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Board certified by the National Board of Optometry
- National Board of Examiners in Optometry (NBEO) – Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease
- Alabama Board of Optometry
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Nationally recognized lecturer in anterior segment disease diagnosis and treatment
- Numerous publications in peer-reviewed and nonpeer-reviewed journals
- Author of six ophthalmological textbooks on Topography, Irregular Astigmatism, Keratoconus, Corneal Disease, and most recently “Refractive Lens Extraction: A Surgical Treatment for Presbyopia” (Slack Publishing, 2015)
- Clinical Director of VisionAmerica, Huntsville — an optometric referral center for northern AL and Southern TN 2008-2013
- Previous Clinical Director, Operations Manager and Residency Director for Wang Vision Institute, Nashville, TN 2001-2008.
- Indiana University Faculty, 1994-1998
- Member American Optometric Association (AOA)
- Member Alabama Optometric Association (ALOA)
- Member North Alabama Optometric Association
- American Academy of Optometry Fellow
- Diplopmat, American Board of Optometry
- Optometric Cornea, Cataract, and Refractive Society, Board Member and Education Chair
- Consultant to Tracey Technologies on corneal topography and aberrometry
- Consultant to industry on scientific studies and clinical trials
- Blogger for Optometry Times
Contact Our Laser Eye Surgeon in Huntsville
At Laser Eye Center in Huntsville and Decatur, Alabama. our laser eye surgeon and his team are dedicated to helping patients regain their eyesight. Our staff is friendly and compassionate, and we treat patients like family. We believe that early diagnosis is essential to detecting and treating devastating eye diseases before they cause irreversible damage. Let the sight specialists at Laser Eye Center provide you with the solutions you need to recover your vision. Contact us today to learn more.